About the site
Conch.es had a first wave in 2011 (see “The Originals”) and then a dormant phase. We relaunched in the summer of 2017, with a sequence of themes (see the Editorial Calendar) that have some connection with or resonance with the experience of inner consciousness – becoming more and more outwardly manifest.
Some experience consciousness itself, as pure awareness. That is a frequent experience of my friends who practice the TM Program. All may experience it as a sort of silence or reflection slipping into or clarifying activity. One famous person defined creativity as finding order in the midst of disorder. To me the writer creates order and symmetry and finds or creates beauty and intelligence where no one had seen or built it before.
- Tennyson quotes, and this article on Tennyson
- See comments on Wordsworth, lines 41-46 here
- Whitman article
- Thoreau experiences
- Emerson’s view of nature and transcendence
It’s a palpable joy to experience this element, whether as reader or writer.
One of my favorite words is epiphany, which, according to https://www.merriam-webster.com, means:
- an appearance or manifestation especially of a divine being
- a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something
- an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking
- an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure
I take that to mean an appearance or realization/experience of the divine (or inner silence thereof) on earth. It could even be an a object, such as the Kaaba Stone.
Right now it seems even more important than ever to create, experience and celebrate the manifestation of inner silence, beauty, creativity, and art on the planet.
As a sort of joyful and conscious statement of priorities.
Welcome to the party.